Why Join PTA?
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Who can join?
Everyone—parents, grandparents, educators, students and other citizens active in our school and community—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
Membership are $10.00 per adult.
If I join, do I have to?
- Go to meetings?
No. You are welcome to attend our general meetings though. Attending meetings allows you to help contribute to making decisions on
- Volunteer or spend a lot of time at school?
Nope! Joining the PTA is not the same as volunteering. If you choose to volunteer we would LOVE the help—but volunteering is not required.
Your child(ren) bring this packet (in paper form) home every Thursday. This packet includes reminders, updates and other important information.
Click on the folder image to access the electronic version of the Thursday Packets.